Monday, March 22, 2010

A pretty crappy weekend

Cole has been sick since Wednesday. Siena started on Friday and me on Saturday night. I am so pissed about being sick, it isn't even funny. I think I am starting to get an ear infection and immediate care had no openings tonight which makes me even more mad. I'm pretty livid to say the least. I was hoping for a relaxing weekend and it didn't even come close to that.

Friday was ok. Cole still had a fever and runny nose and when he is sick he is a pretty sweet little kid. He is very snuggly and doesn't complain much at all. I could tell Siena was trying not to be sick but that wasn't working. She was a little testy and not wanting to eat much.

Onyx enjoying the amazingly beautiful day


Cole blowing me a kiss
We had a great lunch out side in the sun. Too bad the kids didn't want to eat much. And yes Cole does eat salad. He loves them and his favorite dressing is Trader Joe's Tuscan Balsamic.



Siena was trying to swat Cole away from her

Siena is in love with the deck, being outside and pretty much anything that involves her brother





I am pretty sure she is telling me "nah" (no) in this picture


My oh so favorite find with coconut milk yogurt turned into another disaster. I gave her the strawberry coconut yogurt Thursday night. All day friday i added coconut milk into her bottle, which she loved! Friday night at 8pm I go to change her diaper and guess who has a rash....a food allergy rash on her bum and down her legs! Yup, she is either allergic to strawberries or coconut. I stupidly gave her two things that she had only had one other time and now I don't know which one she is allergic to. So I am now waiting two weeks and I will only give her coconut milk and see if she gets a rash. I am hoping it is strawberries that way I can get some fat in her diet.

Besides being sick, Cole has also had a pretty crappy weekend. He was chasing ducks at the park and fell and skinned his knee. Note to self - don't let a kid run in flip flops. The Saturday evening he was playing by the horse trailer and mr. strong guy apparently can open the trailer door and it slammed closed on his foot. He's lucky he didn't lose his foot. His ankle is bruised but nothing is broken or missing. On Sunday he and Mike had a miscommunication on when exactly Cole needed to lean over for a butt wiping after pooping and Mike kneed him in the nose and he got a pretty good bloody nose. Poor guy!

Our first bulbs to bloom
Someone was starting to feel pretty sick
Cole showing off his ankle and knee injuries

Cole carried this half dead lizard around in a box all afternoon. He called it "Little tiny"




Siena will not leave our new planter boxes alone. At least she hasn't figured out how to pull the flowers out yet
The kids passed out for one of there many naps this weekend. I decided to get up and risk falling over from sickness to capture this shot because it will probably never happen again.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Your lunches look a-mazing! I cannot wait to stay home! And that last shot of them sleeping on the couch is priceless. I think I would start crying out of joy if I were to see my 2 kids like that :)

JCW said...

I love love love sleeping kids.

The Fredy Family said...

Kristen - I am at home 4-5 mornings and afternoons a week so I do have the time to make great lunches but I will admit I can be very lazy. I know when it comes time for Siena to eat normal food I will really have to work hard at making no soy, dairy, and what ever else she is allergic to foods each meal. :-)

the kids were just so darn cute!

Melanie H. said...

The flower shots are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I would pay to have them printed and framed for my wall!
As for the kids, adorable as usual. I love "little tiny", so cute.