Monday, March 29, 2010

Memorial

On Saturday we all drove to Turlock to lay my grandpa to rest. It has been 4 months since he died and we all still miss him very much. There was a short speaking by my mother and Aunt and then we went over to my cousins house for food. It was small and sweet and very nice.

I think the best part about the day was when we were watching them put my grandpa's ashes in the ground, they use this flat pounding thing to pound the dirt. Mike leaned over to me and said "Hey, if your grandpa was watching this he would have just nudged me in the side and made a comment about how you didn't need to hit the ground so hard, the poor guy was dead already. " We both laughed a bit because we knew it was true. He may be gone but his memories can even make a funeral hilarious.

1 comment:

Melanie H. said...

Good job, Mike. Very true and I'm glad it was a good experience Aim...Grandpa was a good man.
Love you.