Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cotton Babies rocks!

You all may or may not have noticed that Siena has been in disposable diapers for a month or so now. I haven't made the switch back, I still love my cloth diapers. What happened was Siena started leaking urine through her diapers. At first it was occasionally but still very uncommon considering for almost a year I never had one leak with these diapers. Well the leaks got more frequent and started soaking though her clothes. Around the beginning of the year I had finally had enough and I called Cotton Babies (the makers of Bum Genius diapers) and inquired on why this would all of a sudden happen. I had stripped the diapers that weekend before calling, which is what they recommend you do for leaking issues. It didn't help. When I called to let them know that all 29 of the diapers I owned were leaking, it was suggested to me that I size the diapers a size smaller in hopes that maybe she was at an awkward growing phase and it wasn't a snug fit around her legs. So I made the diapers smaller. I also added in an extra insert to see if she just was peeing too much even though I knew that was false because Cole would sleep in the cloth diapers with two inserts all night and they never leaked.

The following weekend, this happened -

That's right, poop leaked through! So gross! And of course totally frustrating. I emailed customer service the picture and called them back again, explaining what happened and again, what I tried. Through talking we discovered that my washing machine (which has an internal water heater - way to go Bosch) has too high of a temperature setting on the extra sanitize wash. I had ruined all my cloth diapers with out even knowing I was doing it. I was so upset at this point because to replace those diapers would have cost close to $600.

Here comes the best part....even though it was my fault for the water proofing failure, they offered to replace all of the new diapers I could provide receipts for! 10 of the diapers are seconds so those have no warranty. I got receipts for the other 19 new ones and this past weekend they all arrived!!!! All I had to do was send in the leaking ones and once they received them. my new ones were on their way. Luckily I called when I did because my one year warranty was close to being up but again this was not something they normally covered.

How totally awesome is this company???? I have always loved these diapers and with their superior customer service I don't think any other cloth diaper company out there can compete with them!!!

Thank you Cotton Babies for keeping my kid in cloth diapers!!!!

1 comment:

Christie said...

OMG!! This is AMAZING!! I tried to get a fuzzybunz replaced a couple of months ago (through the fuzzybunz company)... no luck.