Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!

I bet you thought you'd see cute little pics of the kids all dressed in green but you wont because today was such mess of a day that I didn't even have time to think about it till the sun light was gone.

The day started off at work finding out that there was a man with a gun in the Elm shopping center and it was evacuated due to him threatening co-workers (the guy got fired from Round Table Pizza yesterday) because that's what you do when you get fired from a job a pizza place. Right? What a freaking idiot. I hope they make him pay the bill for this. Anyways, the SWAT team, sheriff's dept, Auburn poilce, and the CHP helicopter where out in full force since 1am this morning until about 10:30 am. I found out about it when I got to work because I didn't turn the tv on to see the news this morning which is not like me. So anyways, for the first time in months I needed to take the kids to daycare because the Grandparents had some things they needed to do. I dropped the kids off and headed over to work. Got to work, found out what was going one and was laughing because yesterday when that helicopter was circling our house for 20 minutes I was thinking something was going on, but we called and they claimed they were setting up a speed trap on the freeway but I call that BS because the helicopter never once flew over the freeway in that 20 minutes. That is totally unrelated to this incident but still funny since it was two helicopter type things in 24 hours.

So later on in the morning I checked the CBS website and it said that the suspect had moved towards Auburn Ravine. The day care I use is off of Auburn Ravine. I jokingly said to my boss that I hoped the kids were ok. He laughed it off and said oh there fine! Well guess where the suspect was arrested......

Yeah, that's right, in the day cares front yard.

Thank goodness he didn't use his stolen .45 caliber handgun to shoot at police in front of the day care. I wonder if he will get in more trouble because he was on property of a day care with a loaded weapon?


So after all that excitement for the morning lets move on to Onyx. It's been almost a year since she was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in her spine. I wanted to see how everything was looking in there and see if there was any progression of the disease. Well there is only bad news and yes it is worse. She has 3 disc's in her spine that are totally fused together (#2 &#3) now and a fourth (#1) almost there. Poor Onyx. She is only 4 1/2! She still doesn't seem to be in any pain at this point but there is potential still for her to blow a disc or fracture the fusion sites. I am glad we have held off on any rough play with her however she hasn't slowed her self down and I think her spinning in circles is causing the most damage.


Cole has been the sweetest, cuddly little boy today. This morning in bed he told me he wanted to snuggle with me. This afternoon he started feeling warm and by this evening his temp was at 101.8. He is coughing and has a runny nose. Siena's is starting a runny nose as well so I am sure she is right behind him. It was so funny to watch him because he was super sensitive about EVERYTHING. He told me to come wipe his eyes because the blanket hurt him. He kept asking for a "diaper wipe tissue" and all he wanted to eat was fruit and moo cow yogurt. Siena just wandered around fake crying and wanting you to pick her up and then wanted to immediately be put down.

I am glad it is almost bed time. Let's start fresh tomorrow. I know we can't avoid sickness but at least no more helicopters.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is just too scary about the gun guy and the day care... seriously who do these idiots think they are!!!