Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mom Stuff

I dyed my hair this week. It's a dark chocolate but looks almost black indoors. I love it. I am much more of a brunette than I am a blond. Blond makes my face pink.

I've had a pain in my lower right rib cage every time I breathe for 11 days now. Today it is not as bad as it has been. I ended up at the doctors on Wednesday because the pain was so bad that I could not even take a deep breathe or even stand to take a shower. This pain started 5 years ago and I have had ultrasounds, xrays, multiple doctors visits, etc... and they could not tell me what was wrong. I blame it on the fact that I went to Sierra Doctors. I would not recommend that place to anyone. Anyways, their best diagnosis was possibly pluracy. So over the past 5 years this is the 4th time the pain has come back, only it was the worst it had been. I am unable to sleep on either side with the left side down being the most painful. The only way I can describe the pain is like a side cramp you get from running. Only those go away. This happens every time I breathe for the past 11 days. Lovely.

So anyways, I was able to get in to see my doctor Wednesday afternoon and she right away told me it wasn't pluracy because she has had it before. Finally! A doctor that knows something. So she proceeds to tell me what she thinks it is. The costal nerve is inflamed and so when I breathe and my ribs expand it hits the nerve. I can have surgery to fix it, take nerve medication, take ibuprofen, or do nothing. I am choosing to do nothing at this point because it has gone away before. So at least I know what is going on in my ribs.

Next order of business - I left the doctor's having to monitor my blood pressure. When I got there my blood pressure was 153/100 which is pretty bad. 30 minutes later it was 147/88 which is lower but still not good. Either I am developing high blood pressure or it is the new birth control pills I am taking as a trial run. I called my ob who had taken my blood pressure 2 weeks before and it was 126/64 (before I was on the pills), so I was totally normal then. She doesn't think it is my allergy medicine but recommends I don't take it for now and called in Flonaze. I have not picked it up yet and instead I am taking local honey to see if I can beat the allergies that way. When my blood pressure was taken by my OB it was normal and I had taken my allergy meds that day so I don't think they are the cause.

I stopped taking the new bc pills because besides the high blood pressure they were also starting to make me depressed. This was the second ones I have been on this year. The first ones were even worse. I have never had a problem before with bc pills but I guess my body has changed. :-(

I am also on a mission to lose 10 pounds. When I got weighed in I was shocked and not happy. I am 10 pounds over my starting weight when I got prego with Siena. I have this app on my ipod touch called Lose It!. It is the most awesome thing in the world. I suggest clicking on the link and reading about it.

(my new form of allergy medicine)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I cant take BC pills ... at all. I am allergic to them (OK the Dr says that is bull ) but I throw up, get depressed and hate myself on them! So I'd say I'm allergic to them.
D had the snip (sorry TMI?) so I no longer have to worry.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry that comment was all about Me!!!! How rude.
I love your darker hair and I hope your side gets better Very very soon.

The Fredy Family said...

I was on the same pill for 9 years before having kids and never once did I have a problem. Then in January, Siena finished nursing so I went back on them and I was nauseated every day, had no appetite for food, super depressed to the point of falling asleep at 5 pm. It was so weird. I stopped taking them and with in 5 days was a totally different person. These new ones were a trial and I could tell I was going to end up in the same spot. They were not as bad nauseating wise but I started to feel that lack of motivation coming on and I am the last person to sit on my butt. It was not fun. No snipping here just yet. I am not ready for that final decision! :-)

andreamesple said...

so before surgery or medication, try acupuncture, seriously! those first two options should be the last. other things can heal this! maybe standing up and stretching to each side a few times an hour while at the computer or at your desk at work. it is amazing the things our bodies will do when they are uncomfortable. love ya lots aimee!