Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our Weekend

What a weekend this was. Daylight savings took away an hour from us but we got to enjoy a 70 degree day today! It doesn't get much better than that! Cole spent the entire weekend outdoors and of course got bit by those darn bugs again. This time it was just one bite so he isn't as swollen as he was at his birthday.







Bed time is getting perfect around here! It's been about 2 weeks since Mike moved out of solitary confinment and we have been having Cole fall asleep by himself. Of course he was upset at first but he never once threw a big tantrum over it like he has in the past. He has not once gotten up out of his room once we put him in there for bed and he is even now telling us "good night" when we leave the room. Once again, Cole was ready, so it worked. I can't stress it enough that the battle is not worth it if the kid isn't ready. When their ready it goes so smoothly that it makes you wonder why you tried sooner. Siena is also getting a little lesson in not sleeping in our bed at night. She isn't crying as much as she once was but she still tries to get in our bed at night. If I am too tired I bring her in but once I start feeling her little fingers in my nose, I realize what happened and it's back to bed for her! This morning she decided to wake up at 4:30am. I was not getting up that early so I told her it was still bed time and after 5 minutes of being mad she laid down and sung herself back to sleep. If I would not have distracted her I would have ran to get the camera to video tape it. It was so sweet.

We went to the park both days. My "lose 10 pounds" exercise is walking laps at the park. I lap is a 1/2 mile. If I don't walk or exercise then I am screwed on calories since I get a limited amount (1200). Exercise gets me that extra 300 calories to have a few small snacks. All in all the diet isn't that bad, I just need to remind my self that results will be in a few weeks and not right away. Being bloated doesn't help either.


Cole loves checking out the mole holes. They are always popping up to check out the world and the kids and dogs love chasing them. In these pictures Cole was telling us about the beavers that live in the holes.




We got a new toy too! I have always wanted a double stroller but Cole would never sit in one. Well we got one of the ones that are a sit stand double. Cole loves it. He can hop on and ride for a bit and then get off and run! I finally feel like we will be able to go places again because the umbrella stroller has no storage and after the diaper bag, camera bag (you know that goes everywhere) and extra stuff it is too much of a hassle. So hears to more adventures for us!


Cole's absolute favorite thing to do at the park is chase the geese. One of these days he is going to get bit. But until that happens, nothing is going to stop him.



This last pond shot killed my eyes. I am still having trouble seeing because of it. But I love the little sun bursts that I captured!

The kids spent Sunday morning snuggling with Onyx. You can tell she loves the tagging teaming by those two.

I had planned this weekend to take pictures of the kids in this beautiful apple orchard in Auburn. I could not get the owners permission as their fruit stand was closed for the season. I did stop a neighbor who told me that he thought it was fine. Had I been more comfortable and had permission I would have trucked out furthers into the orchard and probably been able to avoid a lot of the high sun but I am just not a person that likes getting yelled at so I didn't want to get caught! Plus Cole had to poop halfway through and Siena was cranky and hungry. I was able to get a couple worth keeping and the ones of the two of them are priceless.










This last picture of Siena is her doing her fake cry. We see this face so much these days. I am glad I was able to capture it!


Siena had a lot of little milestones this weekend including showing me where a shoe goes (she tried to put it on her foot), standing up from a squatting position, and she even asked to get in her crib to take a nap! I was bouncing her on my chest and shoulder and patting her back in our room telling her night night and she lifted up and made a little sound and pointed to her crib. I laid her down, she waited for her blanket ( I have got to take pics of their birthday blankets that Nicole made, super cute) and went to sleep! Also when in the bath tub if you tell her to wash her hair she splashes in the water and then puts her hands on her head.




Cole loves to dump water on her in the tub. She hates it. Cole hates it being dumped on him. He flips out over getting his hair shampooed these days. He hates soap in general.

We also ran out of wood this week. That is not good. Mike's dad was awesome enough to split us a truck load of wood and then Mike's went with a work friends to get some more wood. He spent the majority of his free time splitting wood. We have decided that we are not going to slack off this year when it comes to wood. We totally learned our lesson!


And of course the best way to end the weekend is not with 1 but 2 burn piles.





2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic pics Aimee (as always) I love the one with you and kids together and Mike and the pushchair.

Esther and Brian said...

What a fun post! Thanks!

Hey, so we have the same stroller now! Well, obviously, we have the one with two seats but it does convert into the one you have..not that I would ever need that version, right? But it's so easy to fold/unfold and super comfy for Siena, right? And the price is great for a double stroller, I think...

Wish you lived closer- would love so real nice photos of the twinkies!