Thursday, March 4, 2010

3 years old!

HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!!!!

Wow! I can't believe this little guy is 3! Holy smokes! It felt like yesterday when my water broke in front of 4 other people. I still remember saying "Either I just peed my pants or my water broke"

This guy is such a great little guy (when the crazy side of him has not taken over). He loves Siena to death (sometimes way more than she wants to be loved). He loves being a part of all of her new milestones. I will find him trying to get her to stand up and then he walks away and hold out his arms and says "Come here Siena!" She waddles over to him and they hug. It is really one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

He is a wonderful eater. Every night for dinner he gets what we get and he eats it! This is such a difference from when he turned two. His favorite foods at the moments are (in his language) - little baby pizzas (bagel bites), hot dogs, string cheese, soya milk (soy milk), little baby carrots (raw), ice cream or any form of sugar. His favorite restaurant of choice is the only fast food place we will take him to - In and Out - he orders on his own and it sounds like this:

order guy (at our car, not the speaker box) - "Hi what can I get for you?"
me - "cole tell him what you want to eat"
Cole - "i want french fries"
order guy - "anything else?"
Cole - "stickers"
order guy "Oh ok, anything else to eat?"
Cole - "I want a hangabur"
order guy looking confused
me - "grilled cheese, bun and cheese only"
Cole - "I want some milk too"


His language is amazing! I can't even explain the difference from what it was 6 months ago until now. We watched a video of him from September and I even had a hard time understanding what he was saying and usually the mom's are the first to know! He sings along to tv shows and commercials and any songs he hears. When ever he sees a kids toy commercial he instantly says "I want that!"

For the most part, he sleeps though the night. On the nights that he doesn't and he isn't having an night terrors, he sneaks in to our bed. Most of the time I don't even notice him coming in anymore. He is pretty stealthy about it.

He is 100% potty trained and does not wear a diaper or pull ups ever, even to bed! He is great about telling us when he needs to go. He has a bladder the size of Texas and can hold urine longer than I can. He gets that from his dad.

He loves to put together puzzles, play trains, play legos, chase the dog, ride his tricycle in circles, he loves cartoon movies and this week his favorites are "chance, meatballs, cloudy" (Cloudy with a chance of meatballs), Wall E, and Antz.

Cole does have a firey temper and when it's in full force, watch out! He has some of the biggest out of body experiences I have ever seen a child have! Sometimes it is best just to walk away until it dies out!

Cole wears a size 3T in shirts and pants, although the proper waist size for him is a 2T but he is so tall! Almost 40". He is still holding steady at about 32 pounds. He wears size 8-9 in shoes, depending on the brand.

4 comments:

Erin and Garrett said...

He is so cute, love those blue eyes! Happy 3, Cole!

Katie said...

Dear Cole,
I will always remember the 6 week old squishy raisin newborn I babysat almost three years ago. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to catch up on my TV while you slept in the crook of my elbow. I can't believe you're three now!!! Happy Birthday handsome boy! :)
Love,
Katie

JCW said...

I can't believe how old he looks, such a little boy now! It is amazing how fast they've developed in just the last 6 months with language...and the potty training is such a bonus!!

Esther and Brian said...

You got one handsome (and funny) boy, Aimee!