Friday, March 12, 2010

13 months

And just like that another month goes by. At 13 months Siena is quite the character. She loves to dance on the couch and then do seat drops like she is on a trampoline.  She is right around 20 pounds, I think, but she may have lost some due to her new mobility.  I think she is still 28 1/2 inches tall.

She knows exactly what the phone is and how to use it. Seriously. As soon as she gets ahold of the phone she turns on the speaker phone and then holds it up to her ear.


She will not stop trying to eat various lego pieces. Cole was kind enough to help me display the ones I pulled out of her mouth today. Yes, these are all from today.



Siena is still eating baby food and she finally likes eating.  She wont eat much in the way of solid foods so baby food it is for awhile.  The rice milk is working great for her and now I just have to find a way to get some fat in her.  I am going to be asking the doctor about coconut milk as a possibility since dairy is not an option for her at this point.  It has not been easy to find snacks that Siena can eat.  One thing I did find was rice crispies.  However I am not pleased about the high fructose corn syrup but for now these will do.  The only other thing I have found that she can snack on is the Oyster crackers from Trader Joe's (their brand only).  Her favorite way to eat the rise crispies is to shove her face in to the bowl and lick them.



Or dump them everywhere and try to share with you.


She is a non-stop walker and I am shocked at how much she has improved since her first birthday.  She only crawls now to get to the closest thing she can use to stand up and then she is off walking again.  She can also bend down to pick up something and then stand back up.  She has a follow up physical therapy appointment on tuesday for Dan to evaluate her walking.  I am interested to see what he thinks about her left leg turning out and also to see what he says about her head tilt and allergies.  His theory was that it was growth spurt related and she would deal with it until she was done growing.  But she no longer has the tilt and she is for sure still growing!!!


She is also a  busy body and her new found freedom also gets her into more trouble.  She loves trying to climb in to the bathtub and of course reaching into the toilet.

(I think she is just as excited to know the next TruBlood disk is here as I am)

2 comments:

JCW said...

She is adorable, I still can't believe how big she is already...what happened with the head tilt thing?

Elizabeth said...

She really is just beautiful. You are so good to be documenting it all.It really is good that the rice milk is agreeing with her.