Monday, December 1, 2008

28 weeks - 11 weeks to go

The 3rd trimester!  Wow!  I can't believe it is here already!  Time flies by so fast.  I had to say that this week has probably been the most stressful so far.  Pregnancy does not like stress.  Stress causes contractions.  I have to sit or lay down when I get too stressed out.

Reasons for stress:

Cole - head butting everything in sight.  We can't pad my whole house.  We can't put a helmet on him.  We can't let him think that it is ok.  Yesterday he head butted the front door because we would not let him go out side.  This morning he head butted me when I put him in a time out for trying to head butt.  He walked up behind me and slammed his head into the back of mine.  The scary thing is, he doesn't seem to care if it hurts or not.  He rarely cries after head butting something.

As per a previous post (see below) we had to remove the crib from his room because we think he will do some damage to himself if he is left alone with it.  So now the fight with the big boy bed ensues.  Last night it took 2 hours of putting him in his bed, him screaming bloody murder, running to the door either hitting it or head butting it, me going back in, putting him back in bed and the cycle repeating.  I even tried laying down with him, he would be calm and them as soon as I would leave it would start over again.  Finally at 10:30 he was asleep only because I tried laying down with him again and I was able to sneak out undetected.

He fell out of bed this morning but that did not even wake him up.  He wakes up to the slightest sound but falling out of bed and hitting the floor apparently has no affect on him.

The belly this week
The baby is about 2 1/4 pounds and 14 1/2 inches long

I had to do my own photo this morning...



My belly with Cole at 28 weeks
I had gained 6 more pounds at this point than where I am right now.
Those pants aren't nearly as tight on me this time around!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ouch that sucks that Cole is headbutting like crazy! That was some impressive bruising on his forehead from that other pic. Is your belly smaller this time around? I thought second pregnancies they got BIGGER.