Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend update

So we have broken the cardinal rule of no big changes 3 months before or after a new baby arrives.  We took the crib completely out of Cole's room.  (We can revisit this situation after the baby arrives.)  


Yes, there is no trim around the window.  Yes, the new windows were put in about 2 years ago.  We have been busy.  Don't judge us.  :-)

We feel like we had no choice.  He was going to hurt himself.  He was choosing to head butt it every time we put him in it and I was afraid he would knock his teeth out.  This started about 2 weeks ago when he was sick and I thought it would pass, apparently not.  
These are the most recent battle wounds - the biggie in the center is from Friday nap time


So now it is big boy bed only which means nap time has turned into pure hell......no nap yesterday.  I may have to remove all toys from his room.


The crib is now in our already cramped room.  We are not willing to give up the office just yet.

Why is it that as soon as the crib is out of his room he has to be in it?  I think he has spent an hour in it already this morning.  Playing, unfolding clothes, snuggling.....


On the brighter side, Cole peed in his big boy potty last night.  Granted I had it in the tub because I know he will pee when his feet touch the warm water, but it is a step.  I just wanted him to pee in it once to get the idea.  He received high fives and a candy corn (I had to run next door to get candy, this pregnant lady doesn't keep candy in the house).  He was pretty happy to get that candy corn.

Let's hope we are making some progress in this behavior situation...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Go Cole! He is such a big boy now. I hope he adjusts quickly and easily to the big boy bed, (crossing fingers!) That's so funny that you had to run across the street to get candy. And I cannot believe that you'll have another baby in three months! Wow.