Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life will never be the same


I came across this video on a girls' blog that I frequently read and it really stuck a cord with me. Maybe it's because I am a parent and also pregnant but I don't think it would have affected me as much as it did had I never experienced motherhood and the privilege it is to be able to bring a child into this world. An innocent child that change the way you think, see the world and love.

I have always known I am lucky to be as "fertile" as I am. We had no trouble getting pregnant with Cole and the same with this pregnancy. I say lets have baby and by the next month I am pregnant. We are very fortunate. After watching this video the way I look at my husband and children will never be the same. I can't imagine not having them in my life.

I can't not imagine not being able to see Cole spin in circles as you try to put his zip up sweatshirt on or bark like a dog when he hears barking from a distance. The look on his face after he bit in to a bag of coffee grounds in the back of the Target shopping cart was priceless. The very carefully thought out backwards walking he does to annoy the dog cracks us up. Today I received the biggest hug from him I have ever experienced. It was followed by about 20 kisses, 20 wet, snot nosed kisses that I would not interrupt for anything. I love that he calls me "dad" not "mom" to get my attention. I love that he says "yes" in his own excited way... Oh ya ya ya ya. The hearing that this kid has is impeccable, he can hear a train about a mile away and he gets so excited and acts so shocked when he hears it. I love watching from the couch, his excited little dance that he does when Mike gets home from work. I don't receive the same type of greeting that Mike gets but Mike doesn't get to experience it from my point of view either.

Cole has brought so much happiness to our life and he is a joy to be around even when he is head butting and screaming bloody murder in the store. I will take the head butting over not having him as a part of my life. He is a true blessing to Mike and I and we are so excited for the next arrival. We can only speculate what the next one will be like.

Get out the box of tissue and enjoy the video

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

I saw this on Oprah and was so moved as well. She has a blog?? What is the web address because I would love to check it out...

JCW said...

I don't know how people handle losing a child, that was so sad!