Monday, November 17, 2008

A new toy?

We decided that it was time to get Cole a big boy potty.  Not because we think he will use it, but more just to get him used to the idea of going to the bathroom in a place other than his diaper or the bathtub.

The first thing he did this morning when he got up.

If you ask him if he needs to go "big boy pee" he will respond with "Oh ya ya ya" and then begin taking off his clothes.  He does not even want socks on.  I know this habit is going to have to be broken because when I do decided to take him back out in to the shopping world I am not striping him down every time he has to pee.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awwww. What a big boy to use the potty...even if he's just playing with it ;). I'm sorry he's being a pain with the shopping and the bedtime...that sounds really difficult! I personally would prefer to see a mom disciplining her child in public than seeing parents ignore misbehavior (although I realize sometimes you just have to grab them and get them outta there.) "ohyayaya" is so cute!