Sunday, November 23, 2008

History repeats itself

Well we went to have the 3d ultra sound yesterday afternoon.  Mike and I had a jam packed day of Roseville shopping do - why you ask?  We had no child with us!  Woo Hoo!  Cole stayed with Grandma and Grandpa while we headed down the hill at 2pm.  We were so excited on our way to Sonotech.  We kept talking about how excited we were to finally have the sex confirmed, how much we had done on our list before the appointment and we how would probably get home at a decent time since we were child free....

Enter into Sonotech.....full of people......1 hour behind......and they only take cash, which they failed to tell me on the phone.  I don't carry $100 in cash on me at ANY time.  So Mike leaves to get cash while I sit, and sit, and get up to pee, sit some more, pee again....

We finally got in the room and waited patiently to see our child face on the screen.  The ultrasound tech put the cold wand (not heated up like at the classy places) and started moving around.  Well he said, she is still a girl, but she is so far down in your pelvis I don't think we can get a good picture of her, but we will try.  Up comes the 3d picture and she looks like Cindy Lou Woo from the Grinch.  No kidding!  He kept refering to her "cute little nose" but that's about all we saw - a nose.  She had the cord, her arms, her feet and legs all smashed up in front of her face, with her chin tilted upward and her face resting on the placenta.

So the tech said - go outside walk around and we will do the next appointment and then try again.  So 30 minutes later.....  Even worse......  At least I got the head measured......she is measuring at about 1 week small. 

For those of you that know about Cole's 3d ultra sound this was history repeating its self.  We went on a friday - he was eating his foot.  We walked around and now he had everything crammed up there.  We came back 2 days later an the best picture we got was Cole smashed up against the uterus making his adorable face chubby and distorted.

We got our money back and were told to come back in a few weeks.....I am not sure if we will.  I did get what I wanted confirmed...the sex....for free.....why go back for a picture?

We did not get home until 10pm.  So much for getting things done quickly.

My guess is this little girl will be running from the camera also!  Not want an aspiring photographer would like in their practice subjects.....  :-)

2 comments:

JCW said...

Oh man, I guess she just wants to at least surprise you with her face! I'm not feeling the "boy" in me yet either, I never buy anything for him.

And hey, at least they gave you your $100 back!

Katie said...

That's so weird they wanted only cash...makes me think they're like an illegal operation or something!:) Pretty sure they're not though...
Too bad they couldn't get a good picture, she must be camera shy! It is cool that you got the sex confirmed though, go girl!