Sunday, November 23, 2008

A weekend of nesting, renergizing, and refueling.

I woke up on friday with the nesting bug. And it was going strong. I have given my self 10 weeks to complete everything that I want done. So if this one decides to come when Cole did that is 10 weeks from now!


First project:


Clean out the fridge.
Meaning throw everything away and wash the entire inside with soap and water.


Now I realized we needed food. So groceries went on the to do list.
Cole is great at unpacking groceries.

Second project:

Move changing table out of Cole's room and put it in the new location for when the baby comes.

So I lost one of my pottery barn desks to the poo table



Third project:
Rake all pine needles in the driveway.

There is still another huge pile off to the side that you can't see.
For you city folk, this is only after the first rain storm.....

Cole was a great helper until he began attacking my car.

Fourth project:


Stock firewood

This was the second truck full we added to the stack.
We have about 3 times what you see here in our carport and we are hoping it lasts till January. If not we have pleanty more under a tarp on the property.
We choose to heat the house with the wood stove rather than pay for electricity.

Fifth project:

Accomplish a feat I never thought would happen....

Get my son to actually smile for a picture

After a long day of nesting I wanted to get out and walk around the new addition to the mall. Amazing job they did!


Good buys



Batman Converse for Cole
$10

Rainboots for Cole
$16
(yes I realize a nose is missing)

Would you believe me that I went shopping after it was confirmed it was a girl and I bought NOTHING for her. Seriously! I guess I am not feeling it yet.....




Got to walk through H & M and drool at all the clothes I can not wear at this time in my life. I guess it is good to go into clothing stores when pregnant. You wont spend any money!




Ate at my ALL time favorite place to eat. I think last night was the 4th time this month...



The best way to end the weekend.
A ginormous bon fire.

I have no idea what that is flying in the flames by the tree. To me it looks like a dragonfly.

No comments: