Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pete and Repeat

2 am this morning Cole wakes up crying.  I get up to pee like usual.  Cole met me in the hallway and I brought him into the bathroom.  He stood and waited patiently until he saw his Burts Bees Body Wash.  He grabbed for it and I let him hold it until I was finished.  Then I made the mistake of taking it away from him.  He flipped out and spent the next 20 minutes melting down just like he did earlier in the day.  Mike had to wrap him up and confine him on the couch because if we let him down he would head butt anything in site.  Cole finally calmed down after Mike turned the TV on and he got distracted from choking himself with screams.

Should I have just let him sleep with the body wash?????  Where does one draw the line on what toddlers can get away with?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have screwed the top on tight and let him sleep with it. But..... I also would have been too worried that it would open and poison him in his sleep. I know, I would have tried the old distraction game. 2am popcycle. ITS so hard when they get stuborn about what seems to us the dumbest things. hang in there.