Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Ok, so I will be the first one to admit that I have been kind of a Christmas Scrooge the past 3 years. But I feel like I have very good excuses. The first Christmas after we were married we brought Onyx home. 7 weeks old and already a handfull. We had purchased a tree that year, put it in our office and showed it off so proudly until Onyx came to live with us. That 7 week old little terror ran through the house with presents, chewed on the lights, stole ornaments, and drank the water from the stand. I vowed "No more Christmas trees until she can behave!"



The next year I am pregnant, fat, uncomfortable and not wanting to do much of anything so no tree was purchased.

Last year - Cole is now 9 months old. Crawling, getting into everything....I wanted nothing to do with pulling pine needles out of Cole's mouth all day long. So Mike and I compromised and purchase a living Christmas tree that could fit on our console table. Neither Cole nor Onyx could reach it. Perfect!

Fast forward to a month ago....I am a scrooge again. Cole is destroying things, I don't want to deal with constant hanging ornaments that I find on the ground, cole trying to eat the lights, etc...

Well then something suddenly changed (must be the hormones) and I called Mike at work and he got the shock of his week. I want to get a Christmas tree! Let's go as soon as we can!

Last night we went to get that tree. In the fog so thick you can even see the turn for the tree farm.
We were the only ones there buying a tree.  It's pitch black, freezing, none of us are dressed to keep warm....

Cole picking out the perfect tree.

"what's dthat?"

Gotta love that tree smell!

Of course Cole had to help with the lights.  Would you expect anything else?

He even hung up some ornaments.
This past week he has not wanted to wear pants.  The reason he got them off this time was valid though, he spilled an entire cup of ice water on his lap while in the car seat.  Poor guy froze him self.  He was NOT happy on that car ride home.
When we are watching he gives the ornaments a kiss (mmmmmoi!)
When we are not watching he hits them off the tree.

A little belly action for all of you. 

Seeing how much Cole loves his tree makes all the hassle worth it.


The final product.  I wish I could have found the white lights.  They are some where in our huge cluttered garage.  I don't want to buy more so I am dealing with the color ones.  I don't like them that much....  But Cole doesn't care.

What I was not looking forward to...
Finding ornaments stuffed in every hole Cole could find.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful....it brings me back about 12 years and makes me really want to get out there and buy our tree.
That boy is too precious! Can't wait to see you guys soon.

Katie said...

Cute tree....and nice hiding spot. (Keys). ;)