Monday, December 22, 2008

31 weeks - 8 weeks to go!

So today marks an important day for me in this pregnancy.  A day that I had hoped would come and go with out any problems....

At 31 weeks to the day with Cole I ended up in Labor and Delivery with contractions 4 1/2 minutes apart.  I spent about 3 hours hooked up to machines and then I was given a shot and sent on my way.  So to me, making it through today with out any problems would be great.  Well that is not the case...

No I am not in the hospital, nor do I need to be, but I really wish I was having the same problem I did with Cole because it lasted one day...what started last night will last for the next 8 weeks....

Cole was never head down during the later part of my pregnancy.  He was breech and wasn't moving.  Well this little one is head down, and far down.  I am now experiencing what most everyone else feels during the third trimester - the feeling like the baby is going to fall out.  Her (I am sure cute as a button) little head is jammed so far down that it is causing swelling and what I discovered last night - varicose veins - in a place I did not know you could get them.  

Talked with the Dr. today and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to prevent it, make it go away or help.  The only thing I can do it not sit too long at any one time and do pelvic tilts.  Exercising is also ok, so I can continue at Curves 5 days a week!  The worst thing to do is not move at all.

So now I have mixed feelings.  I am happy there is no other major problem that could have occurred today but I now will be pretty uncomfortable for the next 8 weeks!  Maybe the baby will come early like Cole did - 6 weeks from now.  If she does then it would be the day before I turn 30!  Two before 30????  We will see.....


Baby Bump Watch

1 comment:

JCW said...

I feel your pain! Literally, I do. I have a prescription for both thigh high TED hose AND compression "underwear"- the lower half of my body is so uncomfortable. Not to mention the stretch marks I have that are ten times worse than my last pregnancy. And the gestational diabetes too, that's the icing.

This little boy better love me to pieces (Natalie is a daddy's girl) and be the best eater/sleeper/snuggler EVER.