Friday, December 5, 2008

A dog poo kind of morning

I have always felt that my dog was exceptional.  I still do.  She has not defecated in the house for 2 1/2 years.  The last time she did was because she was poisoning her self by beheading tulips and daffodils.  Apparently they are somewhat toxic to dogs.  She hasn't destroyed many items, she doesn't eat shoes, etc..  So after that poop spell things have been amazing......until this morning....at 5 am when I woke up.  Start the poop counting clock at 0.

Cole was screaming from his bedroom.  This is his newest way of alerting us he is awake.  I got up and made my way through the kitchen to grab him before he ran into a wall or the couch.  Just as I reach down to to pick him up I step on something squishy, something that was not there when I went to bed.  It did not squeek, it wasn't a stuffed animal, and it certainly was not a shoe.  I yell to Mike "Babe, I think I just stepped in dog poo"  Pretty sure I said poo and not s**t, although Mike maybe beg to differ with me.  

Still not quite awake so I don't think he was believing me, he got him self out of bed and turned on the kitchen light.  Sure enough it was dog poo and not just 1 or 2 logs but like 10 or 11 logs.  I have never seen so much poo from Onyx at one time!  Fortunately for us she knows about where not to puke - my new carpet (she pukes on average two times a week at about 5 am) so she followed suit and only pooped on the slate and wood floors.  She also can't poop in one pile, nope she poops in a line about 3-4 feet long.  So gross!  

My wonderful husband cleaned up every last bit of poo but I was still so grossed out that at 5:30 this morning while all of you were still sleeping I scrubbed my kitchen floor - on hands and knees with a hand held scrub brush.  Now my kitchen floor is clean, it is 6:30am, I am showered, and putting on make up.  Ready to start my day.  Cole better not poop on the floor.



1 comment:

Katie said...

Ewwwwwwwwww. And I'll bet you said shit, because stepping in that so early just equals a bad word ;). Gross Onyx!!!