Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's Official!

Every night before bath time we have Cole sit on his big boy potty.  He knows what he is supposed to do on it and every night he tries to trick us into thinking he peed on it just so he can get that m & m.  We almost always end up putting the toilet in the tub because we know he will pee once his feet hit the water.  That way he recognizes what he is supposed to do on the potty.

Tonight like any other night I asked Cole if he needed to go pee and he willingly said "oh ya ya ya".  Into the bathroom we went, diaper off, clothes off and Cole's cute little butt on to the potty.  He usually spends at least 30 seconds on it before jumping up and exclaiming "I did it" and pointing to the invisible pee in the potty.  So after 5 seconds of Cole being on the pot he jumps up and points to the potty.  Of course I am thinking "sure you did kid, after 5 seconds?" But when I looked in the potty, there was urine!  Cole had the biggest smile on his face, we high fived and he got 2 m & m's for that one!  Then while I was cleaning out the pot he proceeded to pick up the remaining part of the toilet and put it in the bath tub.  I asked him if he still needed to pee and he said "oh ya ya".  So I put it back together and he sat down and popped up with in 5 seconds again exclaiming "I did it".  Sure enough he had peed again.  

Our little guy is growing up!

1 comment:

Cole said...

So what's the bribe for going #2.