Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Workshop

I am back from the workshop and I am exhausted. I didn't think I could get any more tired than I was and I was wrong. I am so overwhelmed with the amount of information I received that I can't even think straight. It was an amazing experience and I leaned a lot about what kind of photography business I would like to have. I am disappointed with some parts of it but over all I do think I got my monies worth out of it. I had two days to sleep un interrupted and I did and it was wonderful but I didn't get to sleep as long as I would have liked to (all day). :-)

The weather was beautiful in Culver City. The workshop was at Smashbox studios which is a very popular place to shoot commercials. Terri Hatcher was at the studio on Saturday. When were were leaving Monday night they were shooting a neutrogena commercial.

My flight into LAX was uneventful and pleseant as always on Southwest. Flying out of LAX to SAC on Monday night was a totally different story. I arrived to the airport 2 hours before my flight was supposed to be leaving (8:35pm was the scheduled time). Well when I go to the gate it showed the flight was delayed until 11pm which meant I wasn't going to get in until 12:30am and Mike was picking me up which meant he had to wake the kids up to leave and that was going to be a disaster. After pouting for awhile I noticed that another Southwest gate had a flight to Sacramento that was schedule to leave at 8pm because it had also been delayed. I went up to the gate and asked if I could get on the earlier flight. They switched me no charge!!! Thank goodness because by the time I got on the plane my original flight had been delayed until 1:30am. Our plane was filled up with tons of people from my first flight and we were all grateful to have gotten on the plane. I got in at 9:30 just like I was supposed to and got home and went straight to bed. Cole was super excited to see the "big airplanes" and wanted to know when he could go on one. There will be pictures coming soon.

Mike and the kids did great. I think that each kid gave Mike problems on different days so at least it wasn't coming from both of them at the same time.

No comments: