Monday, February 22, 2010

Siena first birthday party!

On Sunday we celebrated Sienas first birthday!!! To prepare for the ocassion Siena decided to start walking the night before. She still crawls but she will stand for a brief period of time on her own. It is still hard to believe she is 1. My baby grew way to fast. But I do have to admit I am having a blast with her. She is a total crack up and she is really getting her own unique personality.



Oh my cute skinny jeans!!!


Those curls are killing me! Cole's hair did the exact same thing. I held out as long as I could before cutting his hair. I am super excited I don't have to do that with her!!!!

We had a total of 19 people over at our house. I am surprised that we fit that many people in our little house. Our cousins the Oill's came up, Dylan and his family came over, our neighbor Charlie and of course the grandparents.

I totally dropped the ball on this party. I will admit it. I suck. I felt horrible but I am just not one of those creative crafty people. I need to be better about that and I promise for next year I will decorate something and actually make her a cake. My mom totally saved my butt this time and at the last minute provided the cake, sandwiches and veggie platter. Thank you so much mom!!!!

Cole and Dylan wanted to help with everything. They were very serious about the candles. Cole kept walking around telling Dylan that they were going to blow out the fire and then he would stop, make big cheeks and then blow.

Siena picked up on the present opening pretty quickly but she was soon taken out of the equation by the two boys who were determined to open them fast. "Little baby can't not open presents"


After everyone had cake and ice cream and opened presents we took Siena outside to trash her birthday cake. The two things that were most important for this to be successful were a not tired baby and sunlight. The light was crap and Siena was soooooo tired. I am not thrilled with the color of these photos but I had to work with what I had.





Happy First Birthday Little Baby Grill!!!! (that's how Cole says it)

3 comments:

Erin and Garrett said...

what was in the cake that she got to eat? was it something special? I am already thinking about what kind I will give Quinn, so I a curious!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Siena! You are a gorgeous one year old...with a very clever Mummy to take such great pics of your growing up.

Kristen said...

Awww, Happy Birthday Siena!! Adorable little girl and precious pictures!