Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

I never thought a hole in the ground could make me so happy! My Valentines day present was for Mike to get rid of this rose bush / tree that has been a thorn in my side since we first moved in. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate roses, I just hated this rose bush because it was in the WORST location possible. This bush has probably been at our house for close to 20 years. It was almost impossible to walk up to our front door with out getting poked by it. When it snows the bush falls over and you can't even walk on the sidewalk. Anyways Mike so kindly removed it out of the ground for me and now it will be living next door.

This gets us one step closer to redoing the front deck area. I can't wait to get rid of the rotting wood deck boards. We aren't sure yet what to do. I would like a nice stained concrete. I think Mike is way over building decks... :-)

I am spending the rest of my day nursing a vomiting toddle back to health while trying to keep his little sister from jumping on his stomach. Mike is building planter boxes to fill the gaps between the front deck and the drive way. Pics of that to come soon.









1 comment:

Erin and Garrett said...

you going to plant anything new in its place?