Friday, February 19, 2010

Dairy trial not going well

So I thought for sure Monday night that we were going to be in the clear with the dairy. Siena was in love with the yogurt I was giving her. She would eat and eat and eat. Monday night she was up a little bit more than usual but no gas. Tuesday I continued on with the yogurt and tuesday afternoon she started with slight reflux symptoms. He naps had been 3-3 1/2 hours before the dairy introduction and by tuesday she was back to not napping well. That night she was up every 10 minutes or so crying and farting. So as advised by the Dr. we stopped all dairy starting wednesday and wednesday night continued with gas and crying. Last night she slept much better but this morning she is having a little reflux symptoms with vomiting up after she eats. It is maybe a 1/4 worth of liquid at a time. This is following a similar pattern to when I did the soy experiment and it took about 7-10 days for her to get back to normal again. I hope she will out grow all of this!!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh I hope it settles down quickly for her. Having an upset tummy is the pits for babies. You are a good and patient Mum!