Monday, February 2, 2009

37 weeks - 2 weeks to go!

Well I made it to 37 weeks!  A pregnancy first for me.  So with that being said lets discuss the Dr's visit today.  She would not check me to see if I was dilated or effaced which bummed me out but I understand her point completely.  She does not want to cause any thinning which could cause early labor.  And why would she be concerned about that??  Well that's because she doesn't seem to think I will even make it till next week.  I some how doubt that but that is her feeling.  I am still measuring at 30 which is now 7 weeks small.  

My next ultra sound will be next week if I am still pregnant then.  In order to get an accurate measurement of the babies growth they like to have 3 weeks between ultrasounds.  If the baby has not shown significant growth then we do an immediate c-section.  Fun times!  She discussed the growth curve and the different percentiles and I am not off the chart, or below I guess I should say but I am no where close to where I should be, probably in the teens to mid twenties for percentile.  I gained another 2 pounds so I am getting more cushion on my tush.  I can tell because my yoga pants are fitting a little tighter on the bum than I would like.  Probably doesn't help that I am eating a chocolate cupcake for breakfast but hey it's my birthday.

So that's where things stand at the Dr's.  As far as how I feel:

Large
Large
Larger

I have had a few nights of contractions but they did not continue past 3 hours.  From now on anything lasting more than an hour I have to go to labor and delivery.  I am sleeping great.  I probably would not even wake up if it weren't for Cole needing to get up.  On occasion I can't walk due to the sciatic pain in my leg.

I have been more tired this past weekend than I normally I am.  I almost took a nap yesterday.  That is not normal for me.

Baby bump watch
These two photo were taken with in minutes of each other.  I guess the baby moved!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Aimee! (Pssst pretend I gave you the "old fart" cane with a magnifying glass danging off of it, a car horn on it, and a squeaky bottom part and some dentures! ^_^)