Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a day!

For Christmas my mom treated me to a pedicure.  I finally turned in that gift certificate today and boy was it worth it!  It was an hour long foot and leg massage and you get your toe nails painted before you go.  It was so nice I actually fell asleep. They lean you back in these zero gravity type chairs and massage away.  For a very pregnant lady it was so nice to be able to lay back with out sharp pains.


After the pedicure we went to Kane's in Grass Valley.  I had a grilled turkey wrap with avocado, Ortega chili, lettuce, tomato, and chipolte ranch dressing.  The best part, it was only 419 calories and I could only eat half because it was so big!  That's my kind of meal.  Plus I love that a restaurant would put calories on the menu.  Oh yeah, my side salad was 28 calories minus the dressing.  

Later in the day we took Cole to the park to enjoy the 70 degree day!   I took a mile and a half walk around the park with Onyx while Cole and Mike played at the play ground.  Cole has recently become scared of the tall, tall slides so instead of going down them he runs to the top, drops his hat down the slide and then goes back down the stairs, over to the small slide, slides down on his belly, gets his hat at the bottom of the slide and then runs back to the lower level stairs and climbs right back up to drop the hat down the slide again.  It is actually pretty funny to watch because he does it the exact same way every time.

When we got home, Cole helped me make pesto and then we relaxed and watched a movie.  Tomorrow is supposed to be cold (49 degrees) so I think we made the best out of our sunny day!

No comments: