Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The past 48 hours


We have been home for 48 hours now.  It is definitely an adjustment.  Mike has really been doing a wonderful job keeping us all happy!  He is cooking great meals. Tonight was Trader Joe's Gorgonzola Gnocchi and salad.  Surprisingly Cole ate his whole plate!

I am having to re-learn how to go to bed earlier.  Our first night home I did not get to bed until 4 am because I lagged at getting into bed and then little miss Siena decided that she wanted to have an all night nursing party from midnight to 4 am!  Last night she let me fall asleep by 1 am so we are getting closer to a normal bedtime.  I have a hard time falling asleep knowing my little one is wide awake and looking at me.   I have to treasure every minute of those big blue eyes since they are only open for about an hour a day right now.

Siena is not a crier which is wonderful.  Cole wasn't either so we are so happy (lucky??) to have another mellow baby.  We took Siena to her first dr's apt. today.  She is 4# 14 oz and is still 17 inches long.  The dr. was pleased that she was an almost an ounce over her birth weight.  As far as percentiles go she is in the 0.8% percentile for her age.  I had to laugh at that one!  Not even at 1%!  It will be fun to see how she progresses up that scale.

Cole is really enjoying his new found big brotherhood.   He has been giving us some problems but nothing out of the normal for himself.  Tantrums here and there but he is keeping on his schedule thanks to Mike so life hasn't changed to much for him.  He has started saying his own version of thank you.   He says "Please do".  Cole has also mastered burping, which he does on a regular basis now.  He also belly laughs every time he hears a burp or fart.  Gotta love boys!  

I spend all day holding a sleeping baby and just staring at her.  I just can't get enough of that little girl.  I have to remember to give her to Mike to hold so he can get his hugs and kisses in also.

So far so good.  Just wait until next week when I am on my own.  I am sure the update wont be as positive.  There may be a little bit of tears going into that one.  :-)

No comments: