Monday, February 9, 2009

38 weeks - 1 week or less to go!

It is finally here!  The countdown to baby has made it to a week!  I certainly did not think I would have made it this far considering Cole came so early but here I am 38 weeks pregnant.  I have gotten to the point where I feel full all the time yet I can't keep myself from eating and it is frustrating.  I think I have probably gained another 2 pounds this past week and I can safely say I don't think it went to the baby....  I will find out tomorrow morning if she has gained any weight and grown at all since the last ultrasound 3 weeks ago.

I am starting to get very nervous about the birth, not so much about the c-section but more nervous about when it will happen.  I walk around every day looking at things and thinking that I really need to take care of that but what if my water suddenly breaks like it did with Cole.  I might only have one more minute left before I have to go to the hospital.  I know that it is my mind and my problem but it is still hard not to think about "when" it will happen and am I going to be surprised or will it be scheduled.  I still think the night of the 16th will be pure torture for me...

I also feel guilty about Cole.  Sure he wont be the first kid in the world to gain a little sister, but I still feel sad that he doesn't understand what is about to happen.  His world is about to do a 180 on him and he isn't prepared for it all.   More about this later....

Baby Bump Watch
If I have one more person tell me that I have not gained a lot of weight or even ask me "You're pregnant?!?!?"  I might have to punch them.  I feel huge and I have gained 31 (if not more tomorrow) pounds!


No comments: