Monday, February 2, 2009

It's groundhogs day and my 30th birthday!


Well it is finally here.  I am no longer in my twenties.  Am where I thought I'd be at 30?  For the most part I do think so.  I have a college degree.   I am married with (soon to be) 2.5 kids if you count the pets as the .5.  I own a home with property which is not an easy thing to do in California.  Kids came sooner than we had originally planned but I would not change that for the world.  Life has never been so good, even on the bad days.

Here are 30 things about me that you may or may not know:

1. I don't give up easily whether I am learning a new skill or trying to win an argument. - sorry Mike I know that one is a little bit hard to live with.  :-)
2. I have been to Europe 3 times, Tahiti once, Hawaii 3 times and I suppose that would be enough for some people and more than most do in their entire life, but it's not enough for me.  I will always travel.  Next up - South Africa and South America.  I have never been to Mexico.
3. Since meeting my husband I have become obsessed with photography and it sometimes takes over my life.  I have 5 lenses for my camera.
4. I am an extremely organized person, probably some people think it is a problem more than a skill, yet more often than not my under ware is on inside out.
5. I bit my nails
6. I have no self control when it comes to Dr. Pepper. I can not give it up.  I don't buy anything else that has high fructose corn syrup in it just so I can have that wonderfully-horrible-for-my-body drink.  I will NOT drink Diet Dr. Pepper.  No matter why they say it does not taste more like regular Dr. Pepper.  And I don't eat artificial sweeteners.
7. I have a very high tollerance for pain and believe that one only needs ibuprofin 800 to recover from a c-section.  They dole out pain meds like everyone is addicted.
8. I have a hard time being friends with someone who has a serious lack of accountability and thinks the world or government owes them everything.  
9. I have worked in the veterinary field for 14 years and yet my degree has nothing to do with animals.
10. I believe that being a mother is the BEST thing I have ever done in my life.
11.  I believe that family is the most important part of life. My husband is my best friend.
12. I was on the diving team in high school and for the life of me I could never do a back dive.
13. I always look at the glass as half full and I can find humor in almost every situation.
14. I am partial to Black Labradors - probably the only breed of dog I will ever own.
15. I wear a size 9 1/2 to 10 shoe.
16. I go crazy if I can't get online at least once a day.  I am addicted to on line shopping.  
17. I competed in Sports Acrobatics for 4 years and won the western division in my category one year.
18. I drive an Xterra and the thought of having to give it up makes me want to cry.
19. I love cooking yet I find it hard to be motivated to do it these days.  One day I will put together a cookbook of my favorite recipes.
20. I am a label reader - we eat very well
21. I have 53 different colors of eye shadow from Bare Escentuals. You'd think I'd have them all but I am not even close. 
22.  I used to have a shoe collection that would put most people to shame but since working at a shoe store I have a hard time paying full price for a pair of shoes so I usually wear flip flops.
23.  I almost never pay full price for clothes, I hate it, but I have no problem dropping $200 on a pair of jeans if they fit just right.  Now I collect eye shadow - see #21
24. I don't wear sweats in public unless I am exercising.
25. In the 8th grade I pulled my hamstring, had torn cartilage in my knee and severely sprained my ankle to the point of being in a cast, all at the same time on the same leg and each injury occurred from a different action.
26. I lived in Chico for 7 years and would have no problem sending my kids to go to college there.
27. My favorite alcoholic drink is beer.  But it has to be good beer. I do not drink Budweiser, Coors, Miller, etc...  Give me a Sierra Nevada, Newcastle, Fat Tire, or Great White any day.
28. I tend to hold grudges longer than most people and I can write people off pretty easily.
29. I love Trader Joes.
30. My all time favorite food is popcorn - popped on the stove with olive oil and salt.  If I am really not caring about calories then I might add melted butter also.

1 comment:

Petersen Family said...

I like the list Aimee....nice effort there. I might have to steal that idea for my 30th.