Saturday, January 31, 2009

The waiting game....

The next two days will be filled with lots of waiting, watching, and a very nervous Aimee.  First things first - tomorrow is 36 weeks and 6 days, this is when I had Cole!  I was hoping to get checked at the Dr. on Friday to see if I was effaced or dilated but my appointment was canceled and switched to Monday.  I, of course was not too happy because I did not want to go into this weekend not knowing.  With Cole at 36 weeks 1 day I was 60% effaced and 1 cm dilated and he arrived 5 days later. 

So needless to say I am a little bit nervous going into this weekend.  Mike and I went to see a movie this afternoon, probably one of the last times we will be "alone" for awhile.  We saw Twilight.  Yes I dragged him to it.  But I have been reading the books and I LOVE them so I wanted to see it on the big screen and I did not want to go alone.  We made it to the movie with 10 minutes to spare before it started.  Got up to the ticket booth and asked for 2 for Twilight.  The girl looks at me "Twilight isn't playing here, it is at United, this is Century"  Ummm ok....so luckily United was only a 2 minute drive away so we made it in time.  Mike was one of 3 guys in the theater....

Also - I turn 30 on Monday....  No big plans for this BIG birthday.  We made the choice to have newborn right around our 30th birthdays so we will be planning a 33rd or 35th BIG birthday trip.  Possibly to South America.  So many options!

Hopefully I will be doing a monday morning post about turning 30 and being 37 weeks pregnant.  Two totally new experiences for me.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hopefully! Gosh when I saw the waiting game title I thought for sure you were having contractions or something! Glad you're still pregnant, you need to be able to say you made it to thirty seven weeks! ;) What did you think of the movie?

Petersen Family said...

I am so proud of Mike! You tell him that the perks of going to see that movie will come at a later date ;-)

And Happy almost 30th birthday! I hear your 30's are the best time of your life!!!! I am right behind you in March.

Cole said...

happy birthday! and you'll be fine. Remember that the baby has the last say in when she's going to come until the 17th. Enjoy this time while you still can!