Monday, January 19, 2009

35 weeks - 4 weeks to go!

Feeling pretty good so far this week.  Nothing to complain about.  Foods staying down, clothes still fit, belly's getting bigger, I am having a harder time getting up with out needing help.  Baby's moving around a lot.  I have been experiencing the wonderful feeling of the foot scraping the inside of the rib cage, which is something I can live with out.  I have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow so we will get the weight and measurement stats.  I also have been called for jury duty this week.  I have to call for the second time tomorrow afternoon to see I have to show or not.  The best thing about the belly.....it's gonna get me out of jury duty if I am called.  Woo hoo!  Plus if they try to make me come back in 90 days the I have another valid excuse - breast feeding baby!

So some things to think about now are that basically the baby can come at any time.  Granted there are actually 5 weeks until the due date, Cole came 2 weeks from this point I am at, so mentally I am preparing for the unexpected water breaking again.  I do have a c-section scheduled which is great because I know there is an ending in site but I am keeping my fingers crossed that the baby decides to make an appearence before that date because otherwise I will be a wreak the day before.  Do they honestly think that I am supposed to get a "good nights" sleep when I have to be at the hospital at 6am?  Seriously???  I would (will) be laying in bed all night with my mind racing:  Life is never going to be the same, Cole is going to freak out and turn into some sort of demon child screaming for my attention, we will over sleep or Mike will turn off the alarm on accident and all the other joyous thoughts that go through ones head when a life changing decision has been scheduled and at this exact time you will no longer have the same life as you once did.  So most likely I will be staying up all night trying to figure out what it is that still needs to be done or what I have forgotten to do.  

The next date we need to pass is February 1st.  That day is 36 weeks and 6 days....the gestational day in pregnancy that Cole arrived.  It is also the day before I turn 30.  So if I turn 30 and still only have 1 kid then we made it past the early bird but not full term / not early enough to be called a premie phase and we are on to unknown pregnancy territory, the last 3 weeks.   

Baby Bump
Getting bigger for you guys?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nope, not much bigger!