Friday, January 16, 2009

Preparing for babies arrival - lesson 1 - diapering

How to properly diaper a baby.

Step 1: Place baby on changing table.  Then realize you are too short to reach so you move baby to time out circle on the floor.

Step 2: Place baby on open diaper.  Opening the diaper requires the help of mommy.

Step 3:  Figure out how to get those flaps undone so you can secure diaper on baby.  Again this may require help from mommy.

Step 4: Press those sticky things down really hard.  Volia!  Now you are finished, that is if you don't live in the Fredy house...

Step 5: get the roll of duct tape.

Step 6: Apply duct tape.  Now we are finished.

Next up - How to potty train a baby

***True story*** 
I was on the computer last night (big surprise these days) and Cole was in his bed room playing with Pooh Bear.  I think he may have been trying to undress him.  Anyways, I hear some noise and I turn around and Cole has placed Pooh on the changing table and is attempting to throw a diaper up on to him.  Of course being me, I get them camera ready and then assist Cole.  The best part about the whole thing was that Cole would not allow the diapering to continue without getting the duct tape...  He actually jumped up, grabbed the roll and held it trying to figure out how to get the tape off.  I get the tape torn off for him and then he slammed that sucker down right on the flaps.  Oh the things we teach our kids with out even knowing....  Yes I realize that the diaper is still a disposable.  The cloth ones have not arrived yet.

No comments: