Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ridding the world of one poopy diaper at a time....

Things are going to be getting a little greener at the Fredy house.  In all my pregnancy "nesting" and "reorganizing" and after talking to a friend, I have decided that we will be switching to cloth diapers.  I wanted to do them with Cole but I did not want to go the route of diaper service.  It just seemed like a pain in the butt and in no way is it cost effective (I have compared prices) plus it is not that attractive looking.  (yes I do care what they look like).  A friend of ours introduced me to Bum Genius and I am stoked.




These diapers are one size fits all (7-35 pounds) with adjustable straps and Velcro. There are a lot of colors to choose from and they look great!

You have probably noticed that I have only been referring to me wanting to do this and have yet to mention "us" or Mike.  That is because Mike is not happy about my decision.  But because he is so wonderful and amazing he said "ok whatever you want to do".  I just have felt totally guilty about all the waste and the LARGE amount of diapers that get thrown away.  We wont be completely disposable diaper free because there are times when it is not going to be convenient to carry around poop filled diapers for a long period of time.  But with 2 children and 1 child that refuses to sit in a stroller or shopping cart - I wont be getting out of the house much for awhile so it will work for us.

stayed tuned for a bum fashion show staring Cole and his new diapers....

2 comments:

JCW said...

I DO want to do this, I researched it with Natalie but at the time we were living in an apartment and didn't have laundry in our unit. I have always felt so guilty about how many diapers we go through, maybe I will order some this time!

Petersen Family said...

I am with Mike on this one. But God Bless you for trying :-)