Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A little scary but every thing's ok now!

I received good news and bad/scary news at the Dr's yesterday.  Good news - only gained 1 pound!  Bad news was that my CBC that was done on Saturday came back with not so good results and I had to get a new blood test done right away.  The worry was that with a very low platelet count (which the test showed) along with elevated red blood cells, I might be developing a syndrome called HELLP.  Hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes, and low platelet count.  I had none of the other symptoms that go along with it however one can have a normal physical exam and still have this problem.  It is extremely rare but can be fatal to the baby if it is not delivered right away!  So as you can imagine I spent all night and up until 8 am this morning freaking out over this and waiting by the phone.  If my results were still bad we were looking at delivering the baby in the next week if not sooner!  But the Dr called this morning and the lab work is with in normal limits.  The blood may have sat too long at the lab before being tested or I was dehydrated at the time the blood was drawn.  Either way -  I am in the clear for now!  Everything else is ok.  I am measuring 30 when I should be 33 - however as long as I don't go more than 3 under everything it still ok.

Cole had his Hep A shot today and was more concerned that he could not take the Thomas the train toy home with us and threw a fit in the hall way.  His nurse laughed about it with me.  He weighed 26 pounds 7 oz and was only 34 3/4 inches tall!  I guess our measuring stick was wrong!

So the Fredy's will be sleeping well tonight.  I still have more things to get done!

No comments: