Monday, May 24, 2010

Household Duties

I will be the first to admit that I SUCK at house keeping. I am not sure if it is my lack of motivation because the kids mess it up right behind me or if it is my lack of attention span. I am going to go with the latter of the two. It's now 9 am. I have been out of bed since 5 am. In that time I have

1. filed bills and paper work that has been sitting on my desk for 2 months
2. finally made labeled folders for business stuff
3. messed around on the computer
4. put dishes away, left the dirty ones in the sink
5. ran the washing machine (cloth diaper day)
6. put 1 load of clothes in the dryer
7. loaded 1300 wedding photos into lightroom to soft edit when the kids nap or if I find a 5 minute break. those 1300 are only of the bridal party from Saturday
8. put Siena down for a nap
9. made my self breakfast, forgot about it in the microwave and ate it cold
10. find random laundry around the house and collect it for washing
11. put Cole in time out for pestering the dog and waking Siena up
12. Cuddle with kids
13. make Siena a scrambled egg
14. ran the washing machine (cloth diapers)
15. call In and Out and inquire as to why the 6 french fries Siena ate on Saturday gave her massive diarrhea and gas for 2 days. This kids is seriously letting off farts that last for 3 minutes each.
16. pick up goat cheese and eggs that Siena threw on the floor
17. clean floor by her high chair
18. put Cole in time out for hitting me
19. cleaned toilet
20. ran the washing machine (cloth diaper)
21. washed high chair tray, left rest of dirty dishes sit in sink
22. cleaned litter box
23. made my bed
24. helped Siena drink from a cup


and after i finish this blog post I am going to

1. move clothes out of dryer to coffee table
2. move cloth diaper to dryer
3. get both kids dressed (they are both in nothing by a diaper and underware
4. eat an orange
5. clean the bathroom counter
6. sweep
7. wood floor mop
8. clean out fridge
9. let dirty dishes still sit in the sink
10. possibly organize the laundry room / office shelves so I can have access to the top of the dryer again
11. try to vacuum the dog, I am sick of the hair
12. clean off my dresser
13. pick up kids room
14. cuddle kids more and try to make cleaning a game


Any thing else I can do by noon when it is nap time and I get 2-3 hours of peace from cleaning, kids, and I do nothing but what I want which usually involves editing, internet and the camera. And a Dr. Pepper.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow you are a human dynamo!

Erin and Garrett said...

what did In and Out say?!?!

The Fredy Family said...

Their french fries are potato and cottonseed oil and that's it. No soy, dairy, wheat, or gluten. Pretty much what everyone has said and what I think too is that if any of it had to do with the fries it would not have lasted for 3 days.

Kristen said...

1300 pictures just from the bridal portion?! OMGosh, that is why I couldn't do weddings, overload! You're a miracle worker.

Esther and Brian said...

It's hard with two kids, I hear you! This kinda sounds like my days many times...except that they are the same age and get into similar trouble :)

Wanna have 3 more kiddos????