Friday, May 28, 2010

Chores

I got the idea from Nicole (Dylan's Mom) to start having Cole do chores and if he does them all week, then on Friday's he gets a special treat.

His chores include:

making his bed in the morning
picking up his toys at night
putting his dirty clothes in the laundry basket
putting his shoes away

This is how he makes him bed. All the animals go to sleep until his nap time.


I told his once yesterday what his chores were and this morning I asked him if he remembered what his chores were. He said, "I have to put my toys in the drawer and my dirty clothes in there (he points towards the laundry room) and my socks in there (he points to his bedroom). He forgot the bed making and his shoes, but for only telling him once I am impressed he remembered!

His treat this week is making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.












There are no pictures of the cookies after they were cooked because I burned them. Yes, I burned the weekly treat. I don't bake for a reason. That is what bakeries a for. He still ate some though. I just scrapped off the burned parts. I know, I'm a bad mom. I should have gone and bought him some new ones. But seriously cookie dough is never meant to be cooked. It should be eaten raw.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think it's so cute that you measured everything out for him and let him feel like he made cookies by himself. I bet he loved that! Cute blue kitchen aid!