Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another Doctor's visit for Siena

I took Siena back to the doctors today because since last monday and up until this tuesday morning she has had diarrhea. And I mean CRAZY DIARRHEA. Like the kind that drips down her legs and gets everywhere. Anyways, after 9 days I called the advice Nurse to ask when they like to see a kid if they have consistent diarrhea. So I made an appointment for her and of course the diarrhea stops 24 hours before the appointment. But I did want to see if she had lost any weight because she was not eating much of anything and she was not sleeping at all. So luckily she had not lost any weight but she has not gained any either which I didn't expect because of the lack of eating. He said her stomach and intestines still sounded "whooshy" and so she wasn't quite over it yet but that more than likely it was a virus and for little ones they can get ones that last anywhere from 10-14 days. If the diarrhea comes back then we will need to test her for giardia.

No comments: