Thursday, October 30, 2008

One of those mornings.....

We woke up this morning to the smell of smoke. Luckily it was not any where near the house but still makes for a stinky morning. Who wants a house that smells like a BBQ. So anyways, Mike and I get ready for work, Cole is still asleep in his bedroom. About 7am I hear Cole kicking the wall which is his sign that he is ready to get up.

Since diaper changing has been such a hassle these days I opted to change his diaper right away since he was still sleepy. He was great! Let me change his diaper, even giggles a bit and did not object to the duck tape. I get out his sweatpants figuring I might as well get him dressed to go to grandmas since I had to leave for work in about 30 minutes. He was still laying down so I put his legs in the pants and then stood him up like I always do to pull up his pants. Well he flipped out and headbutted me in my nose and then sat down. So I stood him back up, attempted a second time to pull up his pants and he tried head butting again. I dodged that one and picked him up when he proceeded to head butt me in the mouth. I could feel my lip fattening up instantly!


So time out number one stared in his crib. I closed his door and let him scream at me for 1 minute. I go back in the room and ask him if he is done. As soon as I get near the crib he takes a swing at me. I said "Cole, it is not ok to hit mommy" He takes another swing. 




So I leave the room and close the door again. He continues to scream. 2 minutes later I go back in the room. Same thing happens.


So I leave the room, this time leaving the door open. He does not scream this time. I go eat my breakfast, check my email, and occasionally check on Cole. Each time I walk into the room he would drop to the mattress and hide from me.

Finally about 20 minutes later I go in again and he is quite but still does not want me near him. He finally let me pick him up and it was like nothing had happened.




So we get him a cereal bar and some milk. He runs around chasing a cat. I load up the car. I grab him, lock up the house and get to the car and realize I lock my keys in the house. So back to the house, get the keys, back to the car, and get in the car. Turn the key and "CLICK, CLICK, CLICK" Damn, car wont start. I try again thinking maybe I did something wrong. Nope, wont start. I check the lights, not left on. So I walk Cole over to grandma's, come back to the house, grab all my stuff and Cole's stuff, take it back over. My car is parked in a position where no other car can get in to jump it. So I leave the spare key and AAA card next door and say I will call AAA when I get to work. I call Mike on the way to work and tell him the car won't start and I took his mom' s car to work. He then proceeds to tell me that I left the lights on yesterday and he found it and turned it off and oh yeah, by the way I meant to tell you that last night......


I can't be angry because it was my fault for leaving the headlights on, but I blame Mike for forgetting to tell me. We could have charged the battery last night! But instead we let Cole run around naked for an hour and watched the Kings lose their first game.

So being the sweet husband that he is, he will be coming home on his lunch to put the battery on the charger. That is not my department. :-)

I get to work late, open up and find a note on the bathroom door.


OUT OF ORDER


Are you serious? Out of order? I am pregnant and peeing a gazillion times a day and the toilet doesn't work? You have got to be kidding me. So my choices are to either get a bucket of water ready every time I have to pee so I can "flush" the toilet or walk to the gas station to use their bathroom.


I am choosing the gas station.

Back home - car battery is not charging well - probably need a new battery...

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

That is quite a story! And ohhhhh how I hate that saying "when it rains it pours"...especially when it applies to yourself

JCW said...

Rough morning! I think pregnant women should be exempt from hard days as a rule, who do I contact about that?