Thursday, October 30, 2008

My day got quite a bit better

So yesterday I had called Pottery Barn because I had finally found a mirror the right size for our bathroom at a reasonable price and I wanted to see if they had it in stock.  They didn't since it was a bed and bath catalog so the only way I could get it was to order it on line.  But the girl who answered the phone proceeded to tell me before I hung up that I should stop by and check out their sale going on, 75% off a lot of items in the store, like rugs.....  So tonight we decided to go grocery shopping and I had asked Mike if we could run in there are just see if they happened to have anything we may like.  We have been looking forever for the right rug for our living room.  Needed to be soft for the next little one to crawl on or catch a fall off the couch.  So on the way down to Roseville, Cole was being his ever pleasant self and for a moment I almost called off the trip but something told me not to.....

Regular Price for an 8 x10 - $349
We paid - $75
Can you believe that????  When the guy told us the price we stood there for a minute and looked at each other and then went over every other room in our small home debating whether it needed a rug or not.  Fortunately for us, no other room could handle a rug so we stuck with the one.  

Cole began flipping out so Mike took him out of the store as we were getting looks from some of the very snotty customers.  While  Mike was entertaining the child I proceeded to wander the store looking for other bargains and came across these:

I am a sucker for picture frames!  When I was on line ordering the mirror earlier today I looked at these and was like there is no way I am paying full price for those.....

The 9 4x6 frames was $55
We paid $13

The 2 other ones are identical 5 4x6 - regular price $49 each
We paid $12 each

To sum it up, we got $538.40 worth of Pottery Barn goodness for $121.37

There are a couple of people I kept thinking about while I was in there....Lindsey, Jen, and my mom.  Jen is in Paris, my mom is in Chili and Lindsey does not live close by.....  I felt so guilty that I was not able to share my discovery with them!  But before you all go running off to Pottery Barn tomorrow you should know that it is a sale only at the Roseville store.  And it wont last much longer.....

Stay tuned for the revel of the mirror in the bathroom.....I will be waiting patiently for UPS to arrive every day......

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Is this ridiculous sale going on at other store's as well?? And for how long...spread the love Aimee :)

JCW said...

I love Pottery Barn...did you know I worked there for 9 months a couple years ago as a part time second job? 40% discount, I was in heaven. I'm going back to it someday!