Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Changes


There have been a lot of new happenings going on around our house lately.  Cole has learned some new things and also has adopted a new attitude that he shares with his parents.

Cole learned to open the front door and also close it on his way out to the front yard.  Thank goodness we live on acreage and he can't get to a road quickly!


It is also virtually impossible to get a diaper on him.  He flips out and screams on the changing table or takes it off him self as displayed above and runs around.  I can't blame the child for wanting some freedom from the diaper but I am not prepared to clean up poop and pee all over my house.

He is having major separation anxiety from mom right now.  We have to practically bribe him to take a bath with Mike in the room and not me.  Last night I got home from work at 9:30pm and he must have smelled me or something because he was awake within 10 minutes and would not go back to bed.  He would sleep on me on the couch but the minute I took him to him room he would wake up and cry.  I would tell him it is time for bed and he would shake his head at me.  I can't pee in peace.  He stands at the door or gate bawling his eyes out.  I have to hid in the office with the door closed so I can eat a meal with out being treated like a jungle gym.

I know it doesn't last forever and he will get big so quickly (he has already) and that I should cherish every waking moment with him but sometimes I just would like to close the door and pee in peace.....

1 comment:

Petersen Family said...

"Peeing(and other activities)in peace are key to a long life"

that has to be a famous quote in some book, right?