Saturday, December 5, 2009

Potty Training

I have been dreading the day we would have to start potty training. Cole is so hot and cold with peeing on the potty that we just figured it was going to be a struggle. I also was dreading the 3 day long weekend of lots of drinks and salty food. You can't force this kid to do anything and I didn't want to deal with the fight. Well on thursday Cole became interested in wearing his big boy under ware again. He kept saying "no diaper" and only wanting the undies. So we ran with it. There were some accidents but he would tell us each time he needed to pee, sometimes he told us after he peed but I felt it was at least some progress. Well yesterday I decided that diapers were no longer going on his butt unless it was bed time. So first thing that morning he peed on the floor. No surprise but that was the last accident he had until this afternoon when he couldn't make it to the potty before having to pee. Yesterday I took him in to town twice, once to my work and then once again to his friends house. He never had an accident! He even slept in under ware and did not pee in his bed!!!!

While at Siena's dr's appointment this morning he asked to go pee. All day long he has told us "cole go pee" or " I have to go pee". For the past 2 hours he has been trying to go poop. He wasn't used to having to get up and run to the potty and then sit to poop so we think each time he needed to try his little bum got confused but sure enough about 30 minutes ago Cole yells "Cole go poo poo" I told him to run to the bathroom and he pooped on the toilet!!!

So proud of our little guy!!! I am sure there will be accidents but I don't mind! And just because I know a certain some one ask (Lindsey). No I did not take a picture of him with his poop. :-)

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Congrats Aimee and Cole!! No its time to start taking to portable potty everywhere. Trust me, you will be very glad you have that in the back of your Exterra on more than one occasion!

Petersen Family said...

Maybe I should proof read my comments before I post them? Seriously.