Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gingerbread House and tree

Two weekends ago (when we had the storm leading up to the snow) we had Cole decorate the gingerbread house and tree. I bought these last year after Christmas for $1 each. Such a deal. We had them in our Christmas box and was happy to see them since I had forgotten. I didn't think it would matter if they were a year old since I knew he was not going to eat it.

I got to use my favorite mixer. It doesn't get enough use. Hopefully one day I will be better at baking...
The candy choices were pretty limited so I added peanut butter m&m's and rainbow twizzlers, which i cut with scissors to make into stars.
Cole loved the decorating!






Siena supervised the entire project.




Unfortunately after 2 weeks the ants got to them last night and I had to throw them away. The christmas tree also died. I know it is dead to begin with but it is really dead now. :-(

3 comments:

JCW said...

We did the gingerbread tree too! Well, I did it at like midnight and everyday Natalie asks to eat the Christmas tree. She ate the star off the top when I wasn't looking. I love your new header on the blog too...that picture is so cute.

The Fredy Family said...

Every day, Cole picked off candy piece by piece.

Kristen said...

That tree is just the cutest thing I've ever seen, and what a deal! Can't wait to be able to do things like these!