Monday, December 14, 2009

MRI

Siena's MRI has been scheduled for Christmas Eve. WHAT!??!? I know weird, but it was the first morning open and since they want the patients to with hold food for 8 hours you can exactly starve a baby through out the day. She can have clear fluids until 2 hours before. Their idea of clear fluids crack me up. Juice, Gatorade, koolaid, water. Who gives their baby Gatorade and koolaid???? Anyways, check in is at 7:45am and the MRI is at 8:45. She has to be sedated because they need her to be still for an hour. We can be with her while she is being anesthetized. I am not sure about the scan part. I also don't know how long we have to wait for results. Maybe a week or so. I was a little on the fence at first about doing this but Siena's head tilt came back on Thursday and so far the worst of the days were Saturday and Sunday. The scan is being done to rule out acquired torticollis which is caused by a tumor or lesion on the brain. She isn't in any pain, she just tilts her head to the left. I did have the doctor recheck her eyes just to make sure there wasn't an eye problem causing the tilt. The Dr. said the eye looked fine and that the MRI will look at the optic nerves as well.

Please keep her in your thoughts on Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

My thoughts and very best wishes are with you and your family esp Siena as you go through this scary time. On the positive side it is great that they are able to do the testing to check out whats happening.
All the best for the 24th.
Ex

Esther and Brian said...

Poor little thing...but at least you will know more, if not the whole cause of this and can move on accordingly. But I'm sure that it's not what you planned for the 24th of December but hey, it's going to be OK. And yeah, Gatorade for a 10-month old? Huh...I think that I gave my boys a little water starting at 10 months to try with their sippy cups- maybe Siena would handle that, too? You think? Or she might just be fine and then have a great feeding session with you after recovery...either way, I'll be thinking of her and praying for everything to go great.

J.H said...

I pray nothing serious will be found on the MRI result. Hope you still have a great christmas time afterall!

Petersen Family said...

You will know the results right away..especially if something needs to be addressed. NO news is good news. Remember that! I have had to live by that motto quite a bit the kids first year. I am sure there will be a easy diagnosis for Miss Siena and then no more worries for the mama and dada!!