Friday, December 25, 2009

How I spent Christmas morning

Thanks goodness my kids are young and too little to totally understand what Christmas morning is supposed to be like because at 8:30 this morning I got the phone call we had been waiting for all week. Nicole was in labor and on her way to the hospital!!! I jumped out of bed, got dressed real fast and out the door I went. I knew there would not be much time once we got there.

At 9:15 she was 5cm and 100% effaced. At 10:30am they started putting in the epidural. At 10:50 it was finally in and at 11am the doctor came into introduce herself and ask when she was last checked to see how far she was. We said 2 hours ago and she said "ok, I will be back in a few minutes to check you again". About 10 minutes after the doc left, Nicole says to the nurse "I feel like I need to push" The nurse says "ok, I will check you but it would be amazing if you were ready" Sure enough Nicole was +2 and ready to go. The nurse called the doc and set everything up. At 11:25 am she started pushing and at 11:38am Jacob Edward was born!

I have never been present for a natural birth. I have had to c-sections with no labor what so ever, so this was a really amazing experience for me! I was so honored to be there and Nicole makes having babies look so easy. I am truly amazed. She did not scream once, no cussing, and she only threatened to kick us out of the room one time! :-) I am serious when I say that she made no noise. Had some one accidentally opened up the door to her room they would not have even known a baby was being born!

Thank you so much Nicole and Russ for letting me photograph this very special day for you.

Jacob Edward Cotten
December 25, 2009
11:38am
7# 4oz & 21 inches
Full head of red hair!








1 comment:

Erin and Garrett said...

what a special way to spend Christmas! and very beautiful photos!