Tuesday, December 29, 2009

MRI Results and the next step

So on Monday I called to get the results of Siena's MRI. The lady that answered the phone told me it would take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get the results read. I told her in so many words that I was not waiting 2 weeks to find out if my daughter had a brain tumor. I got called back with in 30 minutes. HER MRI WAS 100% NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So that's the good news! But we still don't have any concrete evidence of why she gets the head tilt. Her last physical therapy appointment was this morning. Once she starts walking or if I think she is not progressing in the right direction with motor skills, we can take her back in for a check up.

So the conclusion we all came to was that her head tilt is growth spurt related and when she has a growth spurt it takes the muscles in the left side of her neck about 1 1/2 weeks to stretch out. So we will see if this pattern continues on. If and when the tilt comes back again we will just work on her stretches.

No comments: