Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Trees

Yesterday we went to get a christmas tree. The first tree lot we went to was the same one we went to last year. Well they doubled their prices or something because it was outrageous. With all the doctor's bills we have coming in we weren't about to pay an outrageous amount for a dead tree. So we drove our way over to Savemart and bought ourselves a $20 tree and trimmed it accordingly to what we needed. Since Siena puts EVERYTHING in her mouth I was not interested in have a tree on the ground. So we bought a 7 foot tree and turned it into a 4 foot tree and put it on top of our tv cabinet.
Cole of course loved the tree. He is always asking if he can touch the ordainments.
Cole even gets his own tree in his room. He decorated it with the help of Mike and he loves to have it turned on.


This is about what we can do for the mantel decorations. The fireplace gets fairly hot so we have to be careful about what we put on top of it and in the center.

You may or may not notice that a stocking is missing. We do not have a stocking for Siena yet. I absolutly can not stand to not have them matching and since you can see and every.single.stocking matches including the dog and cats, this is a problem for me to just go out and buy a non matching stocking. I know I have a problem. So for the last 3 years, every christmas I go to Cost Plus to see if some off chance they have another knit stocking or letter to santa stocking. Each time, none. This year we ended up with a kitchen table instead of a stocking. :-)

So last night after all the stocking were hung and I was feeling awful because Siena did not have a stocking, I decided to google "letter to santa knit stocking" and one of the first choices was an ebay link. I tried not to get my hopes up as I clicked and waited to see the photo.....

IT WAS THE STOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This woman had it up for bid for $6.99. I placed a bid and then thought maybe I could ask her to make it a buy it now item. I emailed her and explained my story and guess what?????? IT MAILS OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!! I got it for $10 including shipping. I thanked her and told her she made my year. So Siena will have a letter to santa stocking after all and I will no longer be sick about one non matching stocking.

2 comments:

JCW said...

This is too weird...Natalie also has her own mini tree in her room exactly like Cole's except it's hot pink tinsel...I'll post a picture on my blog. Also, I spent TWO HOURS searching on line for a stocking for Owen last night trying to find the perfect one...I feel bad he doesn't have one yet but I have to buy one that sort of goes with the three we already have. Reading this post was funny to me!

J.H said...

beautiful pictures and great ambience :-)