Monday, December 7, 2009

First snow of the season

When the forecast said low snow they weren't kidding. The snow made it almost down to sea level! Crazy stuff. With the snow being that low it meant that we were in for a fair amount. When we went to bed last night the snow was just beginning.
It was a winter wonderland! We ended up with 10 inches near the house and probably more around the property. I love walking around and taking pictures. The freeway is closed so there is no noticeable noise and the sound of snow crunching under your feet is somewhat comforting. It is totally silent except for the occasional crunch.
This is the view from my office. I'd say it's a great way to work!
Our deck and garage.

The fruit trees and garden.





The fam waiting patiently for me to come back inside. Siena for selfish reasons. She has to be glued to me and Mike because he needed to attempt the drive up to work.
Cole waited all day to eat the snow. "Cole eat it mommy"
What's great about this photo and his cute little snow suit is that the snow suit arrived in the mail today! What perfect timing!!!!
Siena's first snow experience. The last time it snowed was the day after she was born!

She handled it much better than her brother did his first time in the snow.



These next series of pictures warm my heart up. Our 3 kiddos behaving!


However that snowball in Cole's hands did get tossed at the camera within seconds after the pics were taken.

Then we attempted a quick christmas card photo. But the light was almost gone!



And then there's Onyx. Onyx and snow have a special relationship. She spent most of the day outside shoveling the snow with her nose and running circles. Once the snowballs started flying she went bonkers.







6 comments:

J.H said...

amazing picture! I could not help to see it again and again from top to bottom.
I love the family picture of your 2 kiddos and the dog.

Petersen Family said...

Snow is just so beautiful....I can't wait to get my kids up there. Great pics Aimee.

Erin and Garrett said...

I think our dogs have a lot in common!

White Family said...

Holy Cow Amy that is BEAUTIFUL! I think i need to plan a trip up your way and visit!!

Elizabeth said...

These are such great pics Aimee. We got our proofs back from our family pics... they are so so good! As soon as I buy them and they become "mine" I will share my favs.
see you
PS its 38 degrees Celsius here today (sorry not sure what that is F) ... buts its hot!

The Fredy Family said...

Yay! I am glad you love your pics!!! 38 celsius is 100F. That's about what our summers are like. Can't wait to see your pics!