Friday, November 13, 2009

This started out as one post and went in a totally different direction

This started out as a post simply to show you how Cole finds the funniest places to sit when watching tv.

I am not sure if he was copying the girl on t.v. or if he was bored and decided to sit in the drawer.

But then once I got the picture up on the computer I noticed something things that obviously need attention and that until forced to look at it on the computer I chose to be in denial.

1. the crooked picture in the frame.
2. the dead flowers in the vase
3. some how one of the two vases I took off the mantel ended back up on top of it (looks great don't you think)
4. the digital picture frame that I have not updated since Cole was 11 months old. That's bad. I love that frame too. man I am lazy.
5. the fortress surrounding the fireplace. Oh how I can't wait to get our living room back.
6. the ugly green on the walls. We have paint to change it. Again - lazy. Maybe over our holiday vacation.
7. the missing pieces of padding on the coffee table. there are four of them. can you see them in the console table?
8. the humidifier I borrowed from a friend, still sitting there unused. All it takes is some water. And Nicole was even over yesterday and I should have given it back but I don't even see it there any more.
9. the giant plastic bin of legos that are on the floor totally within Siena's reach. I pulled a lego steering wheel out of her mouth yesterday. She pooped out a sticker last night.
10. I still have not framed one picture of Siena
11. my floor is super dirty and needs to be cleaned
12. Our old t.v stand sitting in the corner.
13. the super crowded Console table that was not made to hold a tv, cable box, and dvd player. We need to get that t.v. mounted asap.


And then in my dreams I see this in place of all of that stuff. I can dream right??? Hmmmm.....maybe I can convince Mike this would be a necessary project.....

5 comments:

Petersen Family said...

I enjoyed this post.....that is why I never look at a picture for too long, you'll always find some way to improve it...hence taking time away from doing any number of those things on your list :-)

Esther and Brian said...

First of all, Cole is the cutest sitting like that! He is so funny!!!

Oh, let's not even talk about trying to keep the house up! It is just so hard with kids- they get into everything, everything is torn apart, taken out, etc. And the cleaning- I just finished cleaning the house- took me over 2 hours! Oh well....your house just looks like all of our busy parents' homes!!!

Melanie H. said...

Quite the change from your "honeymoon" days...
Interesting rearrangement of the room...does it work better?

The Fredy Family said...

Yes, Siena can cruise around in the walker and it does seem as messy as it once did. The t.v. isn't ideal but I want to get it hung soon.

Elizabeth said...

I love this post... and I don't think you are lazy... you just focus on whats important, like documenting your kids lives and loves;-)
I also love the white cabinet... I would have all white furniture if I could (maybe when the kids leave home!)