Thursday, November 12, 2009

9 months

Wow! 3/4's of a year old. I am in shock!! In 3 months she will be a year old. Where has time gone. I am having a very hard time adjusting to this realization. I wish I could freeze time and keep my little baby a baby. She is growing so fast and her mobility has taken off over the last few weeks. It is just amazing. She got her first tooth today. It broke through this afternoon and I discovered it during a diaper change this evening. It is her lower left center. She is 1 1/2 months ahead of Cole in getting a first tooth! She has her 9 month check up on Monday so I will know her weight and height stats then.

She is a crack up when eating solid foods. She really could care less about them. She pierces her lips together so tight so you can't get any food in her mouth. I have a feeling she is going to be a really good eater when it comes to finger foods because she loves to put anything and everything in her mouth.

Siena is constantly trying to get our attention by "squaking" at us. She loves to watch Cole and just admires him. Bath time is one of her favorite things to do mostly because she loves to splash in the water. Her crawling has gone from slow poke to super speed in a matter of a couple of days and just since yesterday she has consistently been pulling her self up on to everything.

Siena has not once since being born slept though the night. I am not sure why my kids have such a hard time sleeping though the night, but neither of them do. I can't wait for the day I get my bed back. Overall, Siena is one of the happiest little kids around and just a pleasure to call my daughter.

3 comments:

Esther and Brian said...

Cute little girl for sure...You know, my boys did not sleep through the night until 9 months- well, 7 for Patrick but Eric was harder. I thought that it was his reflux for a while, then still hungry but then came to realize that I just needed to do a little sleep training. It worked for him in 3 days- I hated doing it but I let him cry out longer and longer and it truly worked. He did not cry for more than 8 minutes at once, thank Goodness... Not sure, I don't remember if you wrote this or not, if Sienna is hungry still at night or what may be her specific scenario...but it will happen, it just takes longer for some kiddos than others.

The Fredy Family said...

We baby wised Cole at 9 months. He had a major case of reflux and was on meds twice a day until he was a year old. He grew out of it. Siena is a snacker. She does not drink more than 4oz of formula at a time and less if she is nursing. She of course sleeps in our bed just fine, so we are slowly working on getting her back into a routine. She was teething this week (unknown to us) and was extra fussy.

Esther and Brian said...

Oh yeah, it's never easy and each child is different! We had Eric on Prevacid and I stopped in at about 8-9 months, he did grow out of it at 9 months for sure. Zantac was not doing the trick for him for whatever reason....

Thanks Goodness our boys grew out of that stage!