Friday, November 27, 2009

The ever changing head tilt

So Siena woke up this morning with her head tilting to the right.....THE OPPOSITE direction that it normally does. I am beginning to think that it was sickness related because while at physical therapy at noon today (she had already had a two hour nap) she was falling asleep and really fussy. She could hardly sit up because she wasn't using any of her stomach muscles to support herself and with the head tilt she would just fall over. The physical therapist said that it was a different type of head tilt (to the right) because she would let him to pull her head up straight but with left head tilt she doesn't.

She has vomited over 15 times today but I have managed to get her to keep 8 oz of formula down this evening and she ate some baby food. This child has pooped an so many times today I think I have lost track. We are getting close to 10!!! And they are all solid. I am wondering if the 3 days of soy formula at the beginning of the week caused her to be a little backed up!

I guess I should explain the usage of soy formula. At her 9 month check up I mentioned to the Dr. how Siena still doesn't sleep through the night and that from 2am-6am she is constantly farting and crying. She suggested switching to a soy formula and see if that helps. Well after 3 days I can tell you that it did not help and it actually made her worse. So we are back on the organic dairy formula and besides the sickness today she is still farting. So no idea yet on what to do. I may try a lactose free formula but they don't make an organic one so I am debating at the moment.

No comments: