Monday, November 16, 2009

9 month check up

Siena had her 9 month check up today. She is 17 # 8oz (25%) and 26 1/4 inches tall (11%). Over all she is in the 75% which is still so funny to me when the stats by them selves are so low. She got her flu shot and the Dr. wanted her to get the H1N1 and I refused it and the doc wanted to know why. I just don't agree with loading this little kids up with so many vaccines. And besides they are pretty confident she already had it but the Dr said they don't know yet if you can get it twice. Anyways, I told the Dr. I didn't want my children being an experiment for the government. We left it at that. Siena also got her blood drawn to confirm if she really did have chicken pox or not. We will get those results in a few days. It is no fun to have to bear hug a little peanut in a chair while one nurse is grabbing her arm and the other is poking needles in to. To be fair they did get in on the first poke which is AMAZING considering she has marshmellow arms.

3 comments:

Esther and Brian said...

OK, I don't get it!!! How can Siena be in 75th percentile if her length and weight are much lower than that? Confuses me...seriously, is there a different percentile chart that they use? We always just look at them separately but maybe I am missing something...Glad that Cole is OK, by the way...

The Fredy Family said...

not exactly sure but I guess there is a weight to height ratio chart that shows that. pretty silly if you ask me. She used to be .49% (less than half a percent) for height but because she was so chubby she was over 100th %. Weird, i know!

Esther and Brian said...

Hey, whatever! She looks great and is healthy and that's all there is to it!!!
PS: when I did the length-height ratio we were still in the 0%!!!! I should transfer some of my fat into them!